The spring sales, with closing dates for entries, are listed below:
20 Mei – Jan-Hendrik Joubert, Riversdal
26 Mei – Swartrivier Estates, Caledon
02 Jun. – PP Mong Trust, Elgin
15 Jul. – University of Stellenbosch
16 Jul. – DH Wessles, Bredasdorp
16 Jul – Charfontein Trust, Vrede
23 Jul. – LWA Nel, Brandfort
29 Jul – Freddy Schmidt, Memel
31 Jul. – Danie Hattingh, Heilbron
05 Aug. – Basson Brs., Malmesbury
06 Aug. – I Smit, Eendekuil
12 Aug. – W du Toit, Bredasdorp
13 Aug. – FC Bester & Bester Brs Moorrees – burg
19 Aug. – CCM Farms, Swartberg
25 Aug. – M v Rooyen, Calvinia
01 Sep. – PDS Erasmus, Somerset-Oos
02 Sep – J Beukes, Ladysmith KZN
08 Sep. – H du Plessis, Kareedouw
15 Sep. – JJ & JHL v d Westhuizen, N’ville.
10 Jun. – Caledon Kleinvee 15 Mei
23 Jun. – N.O.V.S. Klub, Harrismith 1 Jul
28 Jul. – Highveld Club, Ermelo 1 Jun
30 Jul. – Suid-Kaap, Bredasdorp 1 Jul
12 Aug. – Piketberg Boere 10 Jul
02 Sep. – Weskusveiling,Vredenburg 31 Jul
04 Sep. – Elliot * 10 Aug
* = Sales restricted to local breeders only.
NB: Entries for all above sales must reach the Society office on or before the listed closing dates.
Highveld Club Sale Ermelo:
A R10 per ram entry fee applies to this sale. Fee will be collected by Society.
Club Sale, Elliot Region 1:
Region 1 members are permitted to enter 12 rams and members from other regions 8 rams.
A R15 per ram entry fee applies to this sale which will be collected by BKB at the sale.
To save costs and time we request members to complete entries accurately and to dispatch them to reach the office in time. Entries of rams of which classing lists are still outstanding will not be accepted. Fax copies of classing lists are not acceptable.
Please remember, no cross entries of rams on sales are permissable.
Rams must be marked clearly with double eartags
in die katalogus aandui of ramme vir vrugbaarheid getoets is of nie.
ENTRY FORMS FOR SALES-RAMS
Please use only the new entry forms and complete fully, indicating twins and triplets etc. Remarks you wish to publish in the catalogue should be clearly set out on a separate sheet attached to the entry form. No late entries or cross entries will be accepted.
1. Entries must be accompanied by shearing cer- tificates.
2. Classing lists in respect of rams entered, must have been processed by the office.
3. Genital soundness certificates must accom- pany the rams to the sale. Instruct your vet to list the scrotum circumference of rams tested.
4. Except where otherwise indicated, entry fees where applicable, will be collected from breeders by the relevant auctioneers or ram and bull association.
5. All telephone calls made and faxes sent by the office as a result of incomplete, inaccu- rate or late information on entry forms, will be debited to the particular member’s account at R10-00 per call. To avoid this cost, please complete entry forms correctly and mail them to reach the office in time.
6. Double eartags, incorporating flock designa- tion marks, are compulsory.
7. Please complete the section regarding Rev1 innoculations for Brucella ovis on the entry form. Remember, the vaccination of rams with Rev1 is now compulsory and a condition for rams to be entered on sales.
8. Rams to be offered on production sales must be screened by two inspectors before the sale. The names of these inspectors must be printed in the catalogue.
9. Sellers on production sales must indicate in the catalogue whether rams have been fertility tested or not.